Connect with us

Entertainment

A VR headset That Could Actually Harm You If You Die in a Game, According to the Founder of Oculus

Published

on

No, this headline does not depict Mark Zuckerberg completely going insane in his quest for the metaverse.

It’s like Sword Art Online again

Instead, we are referring to Palmer Luckey, the original founder of Oculus VR, who sold his business to Facebook and has since focused mostly on national security technology.

Although he has recently had nothing to do with Zuckerberg’s stumbling metaverse goals, this does not stop him from continuing to do strange, and in this case, absolutely mad, things with VR.

According to Luckey, a gamer who dies in a video game will be killed by a special VR headgear he has created. in a literal sense. You’ll die from it.

Luckey discusses how he created a Sword Art Online-inspired “you die in the game, you die in real life” headset in his blog post about the headset.

In that series, players must either find a method to win or escape from a massive, realistic VR battle sim where dying in the game will actually kill them because they are wearing “NerveGear” technology. A VR headset fitted with charges that will explode and “destroy the user’s brain” if they cause a “appropriate game over” screen is Luckey’s take on this idea.

Luckey bemoans the fact that actual “NerveGear,” the Sword Art Online technology, is still only 50% developed:

We are halfway to creating a real NerveGear, which is wonderful news, he said. The bad news is that the perfect-VR half of the equation is still several years away, and I have only so far worked out the half that kills you.

On November 6, 2022—the day the first NerveGear set in SAO was activated—Luckey unveiled the lethal headset. Clearly not a coincidence.

We are halfway to creating a real NerveGear, which is wonderful news, he said. The bad news is that the perfect-VR half of the equation is still several years away, and I have only so far worked out the half that kills you.

On November 6, 2022—the day the first NerveGear set in SAO was activated—Luckey unveiled the lethal headset. Clearly not a coincidence.

It is particularly noteworthy that Luckey claims to have developed weaponized gaming technology of this nature given his transition from virtual reality to forming Anduril Industries, his business that produces AI-based security and surveillance systems for the American military.

Recently, they were awarded a $1 billion contract to direct the development of counter-unmanned technologies for the US Special Operations Command.

The concept that we are heading for some type of Sword Art dystopia where users are signing up to play games that have the potential to kill you does…not seem reasonable given that VR tech is still struggling to break past a niche to get people to play games that are really enjoyable.

It’s not like they were hawking VR headgear with murder potential listed as a perk; even Sword Art Online had to con its users into being trapped with NerveGear.

Palmer Luckey continues to be…something else. I’m excited for him to hold the first Bloodsport tournament on a private island or whatever other bizarre idea comes to him next.

Entertainment

Floyd Mayweather Expresses in Buying an NBA Team

Published

on

‘Money’ Mayweather is renowned for his enormous wealth; according to Forbes, he is thought to be worth $285 million. The legendary boxer has stated that he wants to own an NBA club and that he has already made a sizable offer for one.

A Huge Announcement

In recent footage from an unidentified event, Mayweather was seen being interviewed and confirming that he has made a first offer for majority ownership of a team. He did not specify the team in which he had already expressed interest, but he did state that he would be open to either buying an expansion team in Seattle or Las Vegas or examining any current franchises that might be for sale.

Some Top Prospects

In response to the question of whether this was Vegas, he said: “It could be the Vegas franchise, it could be the Seattle franchise, or I could be buying a franchise that’s already up-and-running. The first offer, we offered them a little over $2 billion for majority ownership. Do I have it? Absolutely, absolutely I have it.”

Mayweather reportedly earned $65 million earlier this year after competing in a boxing match in Miami against YouTuber Logan Paul. Indeed a big sum, and we believe we have a good idea of where it might be going soon.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

In Breakthrough Role in Wolf of Wall Street, Margot Robbie Believed No One would Recognize Her

Published

on

Robbie is currently one of the most in-demand performers in the industry, almost ten years after the successful movie’s US debut. In a recent interview, actress Margot Robbie stated that she believed no one would take note of her in the pivotal part in The Wolf of Wall Street.

Wasn’t Really Expecting

She has starred in a number of box office hits, but the 32-year-old Australian actress never imagined she would achieve such renown after her triumph on the beloved soap opera Neighbours, which she returned to for the final episode in July. Robbie acknowledged that she didn’t expect anyone would recognize her in The Wolf of Wall Street in an interview with The Mirror.

Some Initial Thoughts

“No one’s going to notice me in this film,” Robbie thought at the time, “It doesn’t matter what I do in this film because they’re going to focus on Leo and I’ll just slip under the radar.” At the age of 22, Robbie had to perform her first-ever nude scene for the movie, which she admits wasn’t the easiest.

The Wolf of Wall Street undoubtedly enjoyed great success, earning enormous sums at the box office. For her performance as Naomi Lapaglia in the Leonardo DiCaprio movie, Robbie won the Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer. Since then, Robbie’s her career has flourished and she is now one of Hollywood’s most sought-after actors.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

The Most Popular Streamer on Twitch, xQc, has Lost His Position

Published

on

By

The most popular Counter-Strike: Global Offensive streamer on Twitch, Félix “xQc” Lengyel of Canada, has recently lost that title as a consequence of a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive competition. Currently, Alexandre “gAuLeS” Borba is in charge.

De-crowning moment

On a constantly changing platform prone to huge changes like these, one can only rule supremely so much.

The Brazilian streamer has been active in esports for the past 20 years, which may surprise you. His involvement on the scene has led to agreements with the NBA, Nike, and the Formula 1.

Initially, Borba played Counter-Strike professionally before focusing on leading his own teams, g3nerationX and MIBR.

He took a few years off from his job to pursue a degree in marketing, then returned to esports in 2010. In 2015, he successfully relaunched the g3x brand. Players like Gabriel “NEKIZ” Schenato, Lucas “steel” Lopes, and Vito “kNgV-” Giuseppe have benefited greatly from Borba’s experience and advice.

With his ability and co-streaming from the stadium itself, Borba dominated the coverage of the CS:GO IEM Rio Major last month.

Although the Brazilian streamer has already gone to the top of the most-watched list, Dexerto believes it is improbable that he will do it again. Lengyel streams frequently and plays a variety of games, whereas Borba’s ascent is reliant on occasions like this tournament.

Even his room-cleaning stream, where the audience critiqued the enormity of the filth and the fact that he didn’t know how to do his laundry, attracted tens of thousands of views from viewers.

So, based on that, it appears that Borba might have the upper hand if he flaunts an immaculate home and a mastery of detergent varieties.

Continue Reading

Trending Now